We are delighted to announce the formation of Decision Fish, LLC, a startup whose vision is to empower individuals to make their most important financial decisions with confidence. Here’s how we see things:
Consumer finance is broken.
- 270,000 homes are in foreclosure.
- 40% of households with people aged 55-64 have saved zero for retirement.
- Student loan delinquencies have doubled in last ten years.
- Is it any wonder that financial services are the least trusted sector?
The game is unfair.
- Financial institutions’ marketing efforts outspend financial literacy education 25-to-1.
- Many people don’t have enough saved to get personalized, much less unbiased, financial advice.
- This all amounts to a tax on most Americans, who transfer billions annually to the financial services industry.
The outcomes are bad for individuals and the country.
- Wider economic inequality as wealthier individuals get better advice and better investing options.
- Reduced economic growth as people under-save and over-borrow.
- Stressed families and impaired health resulting from financial distress.
- Millions who fail to achieve their goals of college education, home ownership and a comfortable retirement.
Decision Fish is (part of) the solution.
- We are building easy-to-use decision tools, free from conflicts of interest, that empower people to make their most important financial decisions with confidence.
- Delivered over the web or as apps, these tools incorporate best practices in decision science, behavioral economics, corporate finance, e-learning and user experience design.
Help us keep on the right track:
- Sign up below to be the first to hear as our apps are launched.
- Tell us which financial decisions you wish you could get unbiased help with. Mention if you’re willing to be interviewed.
- Either way, pass this on to everyone you know who cares about making better financial decisions.