Acceptance of Terms
- When you, the user, use our public website and blog at decisionfish.com and our private personal financial management app at app.decisionfish.com (collectively, “Decision Fish” or “DF”), you agree to all of these terms below.
Description of Service
- We provide a web site that is designed to help you make decisions with confidence. We provide a decision-making framework, calculations and financial education. We may develop more features and services in the future.
- We do not provide investment, tax, accounting or other advice or recommendations.
- We do not provide financial or other products.
- We do not provide forecasts or predictions. We have made reasonable assumptions about future investments returns, interest rates, tax rates and other values in order to perform certain calculations. Results can be very sensitive to these assumptions, many of which the user can adjust, and like most assumptions and projections are unlikely to match the actual outcomes that occur.
- Garbage in-garbage out: you are responsible for the quality of the information you provide Decision Fish, since this directly affects the information and analysis we provide.
Accessing the Website and Account Security
- We can change or withdraw the website at any time and without notice.
- We will not be liable if the website is unavailable.
- Don’t allow other people to use your account. If you do, we can’t take responsibility for anything they might do to compromise the security of your account.
- You will tell us immediately if you think someone unauthorized has accessed your account.
- You will be especially careful to log out when you access DF using public or shared computers.
- You will respect the intellectual property represented by the website and its contents, which is owned by Decision Fish LLC. These are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- You can use Decision Fish for your own personal, non-commercial use only.
- Decision Fish® and Happy Budget® are registered trademarks. All content in DF is copyrighted. Please respect our trademarks, brands and copyrights.
Reliance on Information Posted
- We provide information that we think is useful but can’t guaranty its completeness, accuracy or usefulness.
- You use Decision Fish at your own risk.
- To use Decision Fish, you must subscribe and create your own account, with your own contact information.
- You can’t use DF to harass or annoy people.
- Don’t post any material whose copyright you don’t own.
- We expect our users to be reasonable and respectful.
- Any contributions you make must comply with these content standards:
- They are not confidential.
- You created them yourself.
- They are not offensive, explicit, harmful, deceptive or violate anyone’s rights.
- We provide links to external websites for your convenience.
- Links to external articles and other resources are not sponsored and do not indicate an endorsement.
- Some users may post links; we are not responsible for them.
- You follow links at your own risk.
- Don’t use our website to break the law, or to harm, harass or deceive others.
- Don’t do anything to our website to damage it, to impair its usefulness to others, or prevent others from using it.
Release and Indemnity
- You can’t hold us responsible (legally or otherwise) if something goes wrong when you use of DF.
- We are not responsible for your decisions or the outcomes of those decisions.
We Provide No Warranties
- Although we take reasonable measures to keep Decision Fish safe, we can’t guaranty that our website is free from viruses or other destructive code.
- We can’t accept liability for any viruses or other destructive technology.
- We provide the web-site “as-is” and “as available”, which means you can’t expect the website to continue to function as it currently does or previously did, do more or better things than what it already does or did, or to be available all the time.
Limitation of Liability
- We cannot be responsible for damages of any kind, ever.
- If we are nonetheless found to have liability, our liability is limited to the amounts you have paid us during the past 12 months.
- You can stop using Decision Fish and ask us to remove and irreversibly destroy all of your data at any time via email to email@example.com.
- We can remove any of your contributions for any or no reason.
- We have the right to cooperate with any law enforcement or court order requiring to disclose who you are. You won’t hold us liable.
We Want to Earn Your Trust
- We do this by limiting conflicts of interest with our users (people, generally employees) and customers (people, usually employers, who pay for users to be able to access Decision Fish). For example, we will not profit directly from the financial decisions you make with DF or the financial products or services you buy.
- We are compensated only by monthly subscription fees. We do not receive finder’s, origination or advertising payments.
Other Legal Terms
- If any provision in these Terms of Service is invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of these Terms of Service shall continue to be valid and enforceable.
- We’ll do our best to prevent and limit it, but our service may be interrupted.
- We’ll do our best to avoid it, but you may be unable to access your data temporarily or permanently: you should keep separate copies of all of your information in the event you’re in able to access your data temporarily or permanently.
Changes to this Policy
- We may change these terms at any time in our sole discretion. If we do, we will let you know by posting a notification on DF, messaging you, or notifying you in some other way.